English | BahasaHIGHLIGHTS
2nd Natural Pigments Conference for South-East Asia (NP-SEA)2013
Tuesday, 09 October 2012
Theme: Natural Pigments: From Laboratory Research to Industrial Applications
Strategic Theme: Photosynthesis and Its Importance in Food, Medical Health and Alternative Energy
In the R&D Center of Ma Chung University, Malang, Indonesia, July 12-13, 2013, Official Website:http://np-sea.machung.ac.id/
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Natural Pigments Conference for South-East Asia 2013 in Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
Photosynthetic pigments such as chlorophylls and carotenoids, beyond any doubt, are the most visible and most abundant organic pigments on Earth. The photosynthetic pigments derive their ultimate importance from their role as key pigments which capture radiant energy from the sun for plant, algal and bacterial photosynthesis (a process which support life on Earth and even non-photosynthesizing life forms such as animals, including ourselves). Along with the developments of technology, research in photosynthetic pigments is also progressing towards the exploitation and the application of the pigments as natural food colorant, Bio-cosmetics, antioxidant and anti-aging, pro Vitamin A, photosensitizer in the photodynamic therapy for cancer, and biohybrid solar cells. This significant progress has resulted in possibility to create industries and a prosperous society. The South-East Asian countries are meeting an excellent position with regard to its mega-biodiversity in photosynthetic organisms.
Here we proudly welcome you to participate in the second Natural Pigments Conference for South-East Asia (NP-SEA) 2013 in Malang, Indonesia. In this special event, we invite you to present your works, discuss them, exchange new ideas and foster collaborations in order to exploit the natural pigments, especially photosynthetic pigments, and its importance in food, healthcare and alternative energy.
In this 2nd NPSEA, we are inviting high profile scientists and industrial practitioners as keynote and invited speakers. We wish that their presence will be a great encouragement for the students, young researchers and early career scientists in the South-East Asia to take part in the study and development of the natural pigments.
The topics cover all aspects of natural pigments and their applications including, but not limited to
- Biodiversity of natural pigments resources
- Exploration into exotic species in South-East Asia region
- Photosynthetic pigments
- Photosynthetic pigments in agriculture and industry
- Carotenoids in palm oil
- Medicinal uses of natural pigments
- Energy harvesting pigment materials
2. VENUE AND ACTIVITIES
Venue: R&D Center Building, Ma Chung University, Jl. Villa Puncak Tidar N-1, Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
Activities: Plenary Session, Parallel Paper Presentation, and Poster Session.
Ma Chung Research Center for Photosynthetic Pigments (MRCPP)
Ma Chung University
Jl. Villa Puncak Tidar N-01, Malang,
East Java, Indonesia, 65151
Phone/Fax: +62-341 - 550171 / +62-341 - 550175
Contact person: Renny Indrawati, S.TP., M.Nat.Sc.
4. PLENARY SESSION
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Professor Richard J. Cogdell, Ph.D., FRS, FRSE, FRSA, FBA (Fellow of Royal Society, Hooker Professor of Botany, Director of the Institute of Molecular, Celular and System Biology, Director of Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom).
- Professor Dr. Hugo Scheer (Botanic Professor, Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich-Germany)
- INVITED SPEAKERS
- Professor Dr. Hideki Hashimoto (Physics of Biological Materials and Crystal Growth Laboratory, Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science, Osaka City University, Japan)
- Professor Dr. Bruno Robert (Commissariat à l'ènergieatomiqueet aux énergies alternatives (CEA), Institut de Biologieet de Technologies de Saclay, France)
- Dr. Ir. Donald Siahaan, M.Sc. (Indonesian Oil Palm Research Institute)
- Professor Dr. Ocky Karna Radjasa (Professor of Marine Coral Reef Study, Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
- Dr. Tony Liwang (Director of Plant Production and Biotechnology Division PT Sinar Mas Tbk. (SMART), Indonesia)
- Pigments for energy
- Energy harvesting pigment materials
5. CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper and Poster topics are according to the field of the conference as mentioned in Scope of Conference. Template of Abstract and Poster in English could be downloaded at the website. The manuscript should already be proofread by a qualified proofreader. We provide a proofreading form for you to fill and sign by the proofreader. Please upload the proofreading form together with your manuscript before the deadline. Complete list of registered participant, both oral and poster presenter, will be announced at the website.
6. IMPORTANT DATES
Payment: 1 November 2012 - 30 April 2013 (Early Bird) and 1 May - 15 June 2013 (Late Registration) Registration will be closed on 15 June 2013.
- Both on-site registration and payment are not accepted. Abstract submission deadline: 1 April 2013 Announcement of abstract acceptance: 6 April 2013 Full Paper deadline: 29 April 2013 Editorial process and revision (if needed): 30 April - 31 May 2013 Publication:
- Photosynthesis Research (special edition for South-East Asia) (to be confirmed).
- Indonesian Journal of Natural Pigments (e-journal).
7. REGISTRATION and FEE
Participants have to fill out registration form online (available in the conference website: http://np-sea.machung.ac.id/).The reduced fee applies only to ISPR (HP2I) members who already have official membership ID card.
We would deeply appreciate your readiness to come here to Malang and spend time with us in this conference. Your presence here attests to your personal commitment to the promotion of science especially in the field of natural pigments. Thank you.
Tatas H.P. Brotosudarmo, Ph.D.
Chairman of 2nd NP-SEA on behalf of the committee